Today, I am sharing just one card because I'm so excited about it I don't want it to share the stage with another card. Sounds a bit smug, I know. But the reality is, I'm not normally this confident about my card making, so I guess it's okay for me to like one of my own creations every now and again.This card was created for the first of two stamp layering classes in Altenew Educator Level 1. To be honest, this is one of only two layering stamps sets I even own. They're just not something I use, so this was a new adventure for me!
One other thing I always struggle with is flower arranging. Usually, I trim and snip foliage so much in the process that I have to die cut new pieces because I've butchered the first set down to nothingness. Lucky for me, these particular flowers and leaves didn't require any trimming!
- Use an odd number of flowers/leaves
- Add leaves in a triangle around a flower
- Leave elements hanging off a card
- Create floral clusters around a sentiment, one larger than the other
- Stencil a soft background
- Add embellishments in triangles and diagonals
- One sequin/gem can be part of two triangles
- Vary sequin/gem size
- Tuck embellishments under die cuts
What's the lesson here?